Saturday, August 20, 2011

Love the way you dance...

First song, first dance
    
I remember, I got addicted to the song of Eminem, ages ago, which is entitled Real Slim Shady. I bet you are bobbing your head like a boss, remembering the song.

'Cause I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Shady
All you other Slim Shadys are just imitating
So won't the real Slim Shady please stand up,
please stand up, please stand up?


I have never been a real fan, but there were songs of his that I like... remember the song, Thank You? He paired up with Dido in singing this song and I think, I heard an issue that it is actually based on a real story.

My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I..
got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window..
and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'll all be gray,
but your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that it's not so bad,
it's not so bad.. 


And in terms of songs under Rihanna's belt, I like to hum along with...

Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world
Like I'm the only one that you'll ever love
Like I'm the only one who knows your heart
Only girl in the world like I'm the only one that's in command 

 ...
Hey, boy, I really wanna see if you
Can go downtown wit’ a girl like me
Hey, boy, I really wanna be wit’ you
‘Cause you just my type, ooh, na, na, na

... 
Come here, rude boy, boy; can you get it up?
Come here rude boy, boy; is you big enough?
Take it, take it baby, baby
Take it, take it; love me, love me 

...
Oh, how about a round of applause?
Yeah, standing ovation...Ooh, oh yeah
Yeah y-yeah yeah

...
 I don't wanna do this anymore
I don't wanna be the reason why
Every time I walk out the door
I see him die a little more inside

I don't wanna hurt him anymore
I don't wanna take away his life
I don't wanna be a murderer

...

Okay, I am spazzing over song lyrics. Honestly, those songs I have mentioned, I do not know the lyrics by heart, so most of the time, I just hum along, or bob my head along. So, when we started doing the dance routine for the rap part of Love the Way You Lie, yes, the rap part of Eminem, I kind of got lost with the connection of the lyrics with the steps. I do not know the lyrics, yes, I admit.

But, in time, I actually got it and I find it amusing how each movement correlates with the essence of that specific line, or word. It actually gives more than what I kind of expected.
Cheers to our president who is the choreographer for that piece! And hello  vice president for choreographing the next piece!

But anyways, I really need to polish my movements for this piece, since we already started with another piece. I will talk about it next time. And hopefully, I will post pictures of us dancing... I should have taken pictures of my fashion dance attire. As if!

Wish I can glide and stretch as gracefully like this.. oh and I just love watching this show!

p.s.
I hope it is safe to post such information ... or this is bad... oops!
Oh and I am baby crushing on the vice president. I just adore the way he grooves, it is so smooth and romantic. But anyways, it is just a baby crush! Teehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment